Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Jumble of Things



There are quite a few things I feel compelled to share with you all, but I wish to spare you from reading a jillion half coherent posts full of rambling.  Consequently, I decided to compile them all into a list of things that I am thankful for this week (not including the given ones like God, salvation, the Bible, etc.)...

I am thankful for:

1.  Coconut Lemon Curd Scrolls!  Which I just made and David and I are enjoying right now...

2.  The fact that my lemon curd finally came to a boil/thickened...  It took forever!

3.  The fact that I am not always as sore as I am this week.  I did a ten minute leg workout on monday and I am still so sore.  My legs are stiff and tend to buckle a little bit sometimes when I walk.

4.  The fact that I still have all ten digits.  When I was younger, I used to imagine what could be the worst thing that could happen to me, physically.  Not having any fingers was like my number one worst scenario.  I would never be able to play the piano without my fingers.  Well, just yesterday, my worst fears were realized on someone very dear to me who lost three of their fingers to a table saw while at work...

5.  The fact that I was finally able to muster up enough courage to clean out my kitchen cabinets way way back into the depths where spiders could most likely be hiding!

6.  My amazing husband who always loves me with Christ's love and points me in the right direction when my mind starts to think on things that are not true or plays mind games on me...

7.  For all of you who read my blog, encourage me, and are my friends!

8.  That the weekend is almost here!  

So, my friends, if you are not in Hong Kong on business or are not too scared, please tell me some of the things that you are thankful for this week...  hhhmmm?

2 comments:

Nina49a said...

I am thankful for you!
I am thankful that I am not in Hong Kong on business!
I am thankful for kiddo DVD's that give me "mommy time" to comment.
I am thankful for coffee...mostly the creamer. But bummed that I am addicted to something and need to cut back for the sake of my nursing infant.
I am thankful for grace, Oh so thankful for grace!

Brittany Anne said...

I am thankful for life.
For the overcast days.
For the beauty that surrounds me.
That I have all of my senses and that my back pain and muscle tweak from when I feel at work as subsided substantially.
I am thankful that I know you and Nina as well!
And Grace, Love and Mercy, amongst other things.