Sunday, September 9, 2012

Popsicle Tents

I'm always looking for ways to spend time with my kids that can combine all of our interests.   I enjoy building lego creations with them, but sometimes hunting for piece after piece among thousands makes me dizzy.

A few weeks ago, Elliott and Caiden had been working on a lego mockup of Carpinteria and they asked me to help build water for it out of legos.  "How about a piece of blue construction paper instead?" I countered.  They obliged, but after solving that problem, I started to think of ways I could make this undertaking even more awesome... (They totally sucked me in!)  I went to my craft dresser and pulled out popsicle sticks, fabric, and a hot glue gun and got to work.  It didn't take long before we had assembled two A-Frame tents, cotton batting stuffed mattresses, and tiny little campfires.  Soon, even David was sucked into our little project and he and Elliott got to work making a wave pop out of the construction paper with foam on it and everything.  The whole thing was pretty epic.  The best part about it?  It was fun and it totally "counted" as real time invested.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I want to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and not at all seem to get one thing done.

sonakshi said...

interesting.. i like the photograph so much :)