Saturday, June 15, 2013

Best Breakfast Bread in Bed


After two miserable, hectic weeks leading up to the end of the school year, I started off the first day of summer vacation with breakfast in bed... Not for my kids, but for me!  Caiden came in this morning with a menu and told me to place an order.  I obliged.

My choices were: "Milk with cereal!  Water.  A toast.  A glass of milk.  Chocolate milk."  It was pretty adorable; how could I say no?  I decided to ignore the disquieting thought of crumbs in my bed.  I chose not to worry about whether she knew how to make toast or if she could pour the milk.  I threw caution to the wind and ordered toast (with butter) and a glass of milk!

Sure enough, a few minutes later, a table was laid beside my bed and 'voila!' breakfast in bed: a mug of milk and a toast with a little dab of butter only in the center.  After waking up grumpy, that piece of toast and warm 5-year-old smile really gave me new life.  She was so proud and happy.  It was the cutest thing.

That was the first time Caiden has ever made toast.  She then proceeded to take David's order and then Elliott's.  She is officially a toast making pro!

I've never even made her breakfast in bed... I better get on that!

Happy summer vacation!

2 comments:

Bekkah said...

This is so cute!!

Ingrid said...

She is such a sweetheart!! (Course she has a great momma as a role model!) Happy summer vacation! ☀