Monday, July 26, 2010

What's For Lunch?



{Toasted bread spread with mayonnaise, crowned with sliced tomato, a
sprinkling of salt, and a dash of freshly ground pepper.
}

It must be the unexpected gloomy, sleepy day that is so odd to be had this late in July that put me in the mind for this classic "sandwich" from my childhood.  I think it must be an east coast thing which is where my mom is from.  This was her thing. Toast with mayo and tomato.  I have a slight aversion to both mayonnaise and tomato, but there is something about this snack that is so right and refreshing.  It was the perfect lunch for me today!

I have a hard time thinking of new things for lunch. Our staple lunches are:

1. Leftovers
2. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
3. Grilled Cheese sandwiches
4. Egg salad sandwiches
5. Tuna sandwiches
6. Cheese and cucumber sandwiches (a new found favorite!)

So, I guess sandwiches are a big theme for us! I would love to hear what you eat for lunch. All I eat is sandwiches! I'm dying for some new ideas!

"Listen to Me, O house of Jacob,
And all the remnant of Israel,
Who have been upheld by Me from birth,
Who have been carried from the womb:
Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver you."
{Isaiah 47:11}

1 comment:

elisabeth. said...

I am never able to think of lunches. Its my worst thing. I always just make extra dinner so I can take leftovers instead of trying to trackled the dreaded problem of what to eat for lunch.