Thursday, July 22, 2010

Soul Splurge (Good Find Alert!)

I've been under house arrest, it seems, for about a month, give or take a week. My family has been hit with illness after illness. After holding my feverish daughter for 5 days straight, I strangely broke out in shingles. Weird. Then having recovered, we moved on to the flu, and so on and so forth, resulting in countless weeks at home and countless hours and countless packages of saltines.

BUT, the Lord has been faithful to bring perspective, comfort, and patience through it all.  A phone call from a friend here, a meal from a friend, there, etc.



I finally decided that a little splurge was worth it and bought these flowers for my soul and to bring a little fresh breath of life into our home.  It was worth it!



On another rare occasion out, I stumbled upon these treasures and thought they were worth a shout out.  I've had my eye out for some plastic dishes for the kids and their friends for some time, but they always seem to be about five dollars or so and pretty tacky and always with those divided compartments like a cafeteria tray.  So, I bode my time and low and behold at no other place than one I rarely set foot in, Walmart, I found what I had been looking for and better than I could have imagined.  I snatched up the last of the pretty red plates, but there were more of the others.  It may be worth a quick sweep through of your local big chain.  These were on summer clearance for fifty cents a plate!!  What a steal!








2 comments:

Mallorie said...

Corynne, I had no idea you'd been sick as well. So sorry to hear that. Sounds like your family is finally on the mends of all of it though. Praying for you guys and hoping to see you at the BBQ tomorrow. Slamwhich?

lindsey said...

so cute! sometimes i find good plastic kid plates at the 99 cents store, it's always hit or miss there...
hope you all feel better!