Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Escalante Update

Dear Reader,

So much has been going on with us these past couple of weeks, so I thought I would get right down to it and let you know how and what we are doing.

First, Caiden Keats (6 month wonder) has starting crawling.  Following along in her brother's footsteps, it you will, this darling monster has officially been let loose on the world.  Oh how I was hoping for a calm mellow child who would frolic about my skirt, but alas, I was blessed with what can only be classified as tornado number 4 (Her father, uncle, and brother being 1, 2, and 3 respectively).  

Gray Gatlin has a wager going that she will be walking by 8 
months and I'm not so sure I would wager against him.  Caiden can sit up, crawl, and pull herself up on her feet by holding on to things, not to mention that she can also get up on her feet from the floor itself although she can't straighten up from that position, yet.


News number 2.  Although not nearly exciting, Elliott has gotten another haircut, which is quite an accomplishment for me.  I'm not the best at keeping up with those things.  In fact, his last fabulous haircut had grown out into almost a fashionable (if that is possible) mullet.  Kind of cute, but it was time.  Nobody cuts hair like Candance and unfortunately it couldn't wait until our next trip down to Orange County in May.  Here are the results...  It will work...


What was all of my other news?  Oh, yes.  Auntie Allison paid us a very pleasant visit this past week.  It was so awesome to have her around.  We had a lot of fun doing nothing, watching movies, making not so great cookies, oh! and she curled my hair with a flat iron, which is my new favorite thing to do.  You have to love Allison because she has the best laug
h in world and is always eager to do it.  Sweet, beautiful, godly, and an amazing set of pipes, what more could you want?  (Sorry, fellas.  She's already taken.)

In other news...  Elliott has some new photos up in his online photo journal for you to check out.  He's getting quite good and really improving...  Don't you agree?  Check out his gallery and let me know in the comments.


Church update:  The church is finally moving to its new location on Fifth St., which is so amazing and an answer to prayer.  For those of you praying for us while we're here ministering in Santa Rosa, we have been meeting at a elementary school that we rent for Sundays and then for our midweek Bible Study on Wednesdays, we meet at a church member's house.  The school location is kind of out of the way and its hard to explain how to get there.  But now, the Lord has provided this amazing, store-front location that is right in the middle of the city.   We get the whole place and its not just on Sundays...  Its our very own church building.  Praise the Lord.  This Sunday will be our first at the new building.  This week a lot of work is trying to be done to get ready for the move.
Well, that's all I can think of so...
Ta Ta For Now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing style Corynne...you are so very smart it's not even funny. I will keep my eye on your super cool Blog....love you so much :)I'm biter I'm not moving to Northern Cali....instead I get Philly (Can I just say YUCK!!!

Mon

Corynne Escalante said...

Mon,
David says that Philadelphia is really cool. I've never been to that particular city, but... It will be an adventure! We'll miss you for sure, though. Thanks for the encouragement and reading the blog!

David Escalante said...

Philly!? What's not to like? Cheese? Steak? Philly Cheesesteak! sounds like a plan to me. It is a cool place. Especially the stairs where Rocky raised his arms high above his head and pranced about in place like an uncoordinated member of Lord of the Dance. I know all the cool places, so we'll be out to show you the town. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Corynne! It's good to hear updates from you! Caiden sounds just like Christian. Christian was crawling at 6 months too! Always trying to keep up with his brother. At 7 1/2 months he tried to walk and fell on the kitchen floor and knocked himself out! I couldn't get him to come to and he was blue. So I called Charlie because he was at the fire station and about 5 minutes later we had about 10 firefighters in our house. Christian got his first ambulance ride and a very expensive ER bill. Only to find out that he had passed out from holding his breath not the fall. Oh well, better safe than sorry. My suggestion to you is to get a walker. It's safe and slows down the walking process until they are old enough.It sure worked for him, he is 11 months and now just trying to walk again.Anyways, Sorry for the long story. Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you and love ya lots!!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, you look so pretty in that picture!