Thursday, February 7, 2008

Get up, Get out.

It is a beautiful day today in Santa Rosa!  

I sent Elliott outside into the backyard all bundled up and ready to go.  A few minutes later when I looked out of the glass doors into the backyard, what did I find?  I found my three-year-old boy romping around the backyard in his bare feet, sloshing a bucket full of dirty, filthy rain water--collected from his little pool--back and forth from the deck to the yard.  "Elliott!  What did you do with your rain boots?"  I cried.  (Since it has been raining non-stop for the past week and everything has been muddy and wet and cold.)

"I got hot!" he replied.

"Hot?"  I repeated dumbly.  But when I stepped outside, to my amazement, it was indeed very warm.  Praise the Lord and glory be!  It was beautiful!  So, out we all went and played outside and rode bikes and basked in this sunny gift...  And so should you--get going!

No comments: