Friday, July 20, 2012

Tape Art Inspired by Cakies

I was telling my aunt the other day that I really don't want my kids remembering in the future that most of the time I didn't have time to do things with them.  Therefore, I try to make a regular habit of pushing pause on my life and doing something focused with Elliott and Caiden each day so that I don't let the never-ending tugs of life and "duty" overshadow that more important use of my time; its my way of showing them that I love them (along with words and lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles!).  I know that sounds terrible--the part about it being a conscious effort.  It shouldn't have to be mechanical.  But I've talked before about how easy it is for me to be around my kids all the time, but yet not really be with them. So that's my confession.  I'm a selfish, sinful person and I have to actually make an effort to think about others and not just myself.  Which happens to correspond with a Bible verse I'm having the kids memorize right now:

"Let each of you look out not only for his own interest, but also for the interests of others."--Philippians 2:4

So we did some tape art, the other night, with that goal in mind; inspired by Cakies.






Its so funny that these moments are conscious efforts, because they end up being the most valuable and rewarding ones!

1 comment:

Bekkah said...

elliot's masterpiece haha.