Friday, November 26, 2010

Majesty






Amidst the rushing, and the buckling, and the hustling to get somewhere the other day, I was fortunate enough to stop and be awed by this sunset.  The clouds over here have been stunning, lately, and the sunrises and sunsets have been packing a punch.  Reminds me of God's power and soviergnty over all things.  Check out this verse I read on Thanksgiving day.  I keep mulling it over in my mind.
A psalm of David
"The Lord sat enthroned at the Flood,
And the Lord sits as King forever.
The Lord will give strength to His people;
The Lord will bless His people with peace."
Psalm 29:10,11
To think of the power and complete collection of the Lord, to be sitting, enthroned, during the Flood.  There He sits in majesty, while executing disastrous judgment.  While all the world is in turmoil and literal upheaval, He sits enthroned.  That is our God.  The one who also completely humbled Himself and submitted unto death, in order to reconcile us to Him.  He is Awesome.

I keep pondering the heart and understanding of David.  How he understood so much about the Lord and about His character.  I've been thinking about how completely he put his trust in the Lord.  My prayer has been to know, to understand, and to trust the Lord like this.  To really know Him.

Happy Thanksgiving, all.

1 comment:

Collette said...

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!
King David puts so eloquently in words what I'm feeling in my heart for God. Thank God for the Psalms! :)