Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mmmm... Cookies.




Merry Christmas!  I tend to disappear during holidays without so much as a howdy-do.  But Auntie Alsie was visiting and as I was talking to her I realized that I had some photos of our Christmas cookies.  So I thought I would show them to you.

I have two huge fans...  my son and my husband.  The three of us were sitting at the kitchen table taking on the very large task of decorating the dozens of sugar cookies we had baked.  It was quite a job.  We had a lot of fun and my husband really wanted to showcase a few of his favorite cookies that I decorated.  He thought mine were awesome, but I thought his hula girl cookie was the most creative although we never got a shot of that one since he's the photographer.  The whole night I was being spurred on with accolades of praise from both of the men in my life.  "Oh, good job, Mommy.  Wow..." Elliott would say.  And then from David, "Man...  Your cookies are so good!  Those are amazing!  I have to take a picture."  With these two around, I may start wearing a cape and red boot and calling myself Wonder-Woman.

I hope you had fun and heart-warming times this holiday season with your family as well...




Photos by David Escalante

2 comments:

The Montgomerys said...

Icing the cookies takes alot of work, huh? It's fun though....I love the way they came out they are so pretty!!! Send me some...hint, hint ;)

Love

MON

Nina49a said...

Awww... I love you face in this picture!