Monday, February 4, 2013

To Fave or not to Fave

Favorites have never been my strong suit.  After watching Runaway Bride once, I really had myself freaked out.  I became really worried that I couldn't be in a relationship with my boyfriend (who is now my husband) because I thought that having no favorites meant that I didn't "know who I was."  But since then, I have come to grips with simply being someone who doesn't really have any "favorites."  Caiden is a little bit like me in this way.  She doesn't like to commit herself to a specific favorite.

But unlike me, Caiden is clever.  She already embraces her failure to commit.  Once, when asked what her favorite color was, she started naming almost all of the colors in the spectrum.  It wasn't long until she was interrupted with, "Caiden, you can only have one favorite."  She thought about that for a second and then boldly announced, "Then my favorite color is rainbow."

Now, why didn't I think of that!


Her cleverness, however, didn't help her much when she had to make a decision between four different pairs of dress shoes recently.  After finally making up her mind to go with a purple pair that only made it in the running toward the latter half of our search, she got home and cried about them because she later decided she wanted the gold ones.  Later still, she was not consoled, but now it was the hello kitty pair she longed for.  Make up your mind, girl.  You can only pick one!  In the end, she decided to be happy with the pair she had.  But now that she is satisfied I am unsettled.  I should have made her get a different pair.  Yada, yada, yada.  And the inner turmoil continues.



So what about you?  Do you have favorites or are you indecisive like us?

No comments: