Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Love Note From Elliott

Let's be honest: There are lots of reasons to not want to have kids be a parent.  You see your friend's kids being monsters, you notice the lack of order in their house, you see how tired the parents are and how annoying it might be to have to be consistent all the time.  These things are true.  Being a parent is hard, dedicated work.  Being a parent magnifies all your faults and forces you to look within and change, it forces you to practice selflessness (and nobody enjoys that!).

But you know what?  For all its hardships, being a parent is worth it.

Especially when you get little love notes like this:

("I love you Momma, I love you as much as a lion loves his cubs"--Elliott, age 6)

I happened upon this love note left for me and my heart felt like it might burst.  It feels like that now as I look it over again.  I love my little munchkins and I am so thankful for them!  I learn so much about our Creator through my relationship with my kids and I know I've grown a lot as a person as well. But sometimes its just a simple, selfish enjoyment.  I love these little notes!  I love having these two little people around me who love me so unquestioning.  And plus, they're just so darn cute!


"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
The fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
when he speaks with his enemies in the gate."
Psalm 127:3-5


More of my thoughts on this topic here... 

No comments: