Monday, November 21, 2011

Waste Not, Want Not

I scored a roasting pan for $5 at Cost Plus World Market the other day.  It came in such a nice box that I really didn't want to throw it away... So I brushed the box with a few coats of white paint and cut out some holes to turn it into a little play house for Caiden.  I feel like Made by Joel would be proud... He is the king of simple play things.


Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm realizing that I'm as bad as my kids.  They steal any box leftover over from a trip to Costco and fill it with all sorts of random things.  I usually find a few milk boxes with lots of holes and scribbles all over them kicking around the house with random objects rattling around inside... I finally work up the courage to try to throw them away and I get very heated objections!  Well... Waste not, want not, right??

1 comment:

kindred spirits said...

Absolutely! Great to see some recycling at this time of year, Belinda