Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Caiden Keats

Something crazy happened when we all weren't looking.  Caiden turned four!  I never gave her my permission to do that!  But time keeps on flying by whether we want it to or not, right?


I enjoy watching my kids grow, though, and it is a pleasure to see what kind of lady she is turning out to be.  One thing I know for sure is that my girl is decisive!  She gave me lots of very specific details whenever we would talk about her birthday and I would judiciously and furiously be typing them into my notepad on my phone so that I wouldn't forget.  This is not the kind of girl that tells you details lightly.  She means what she says!

She told me that first of all, she wanted a party hat--a rainbow colored, cone shaped birthday hat.  Also, a pink cake, please, with white frosting and sprinkles!  The next thing she hit me with was the fact that she wanted her presents hidden and wanted to have a treasure map and do a treasure hunt to find them!  When asked by her Aunt what colors she would want for her party, her reply was, "Orange, yellow, red, blue, black, gray, and white."  There is no room for error here, people!  She was even specific about what she wanted to wear on the day of her party.  In the morning, she wanted to go get donuts with Dad and wear regular clothes, "And then later right before the party starts I'll wear my princess dress."  She ran around her party clickety-clackety in her plastic high heels and told me she would wear her crown until it was time to have cake and sing and then she would put on her party hat.

Well, we did the best we could and started inviting people and as I was talking to Caiden about the people, she says, "MOM. I don't want a lot of people at my party!  I get nervous when there are too many people!"  So we didn't have too many people and the party turned out super fun!


We barbecued hamburgers and hotdogs, had lots of macaroni and cheese, destroyed a homemade pinata, went on a treasure hunt for Caiden's present, played dress up, ran around, and had cake and icecream.




At the end of the day, Caiden declared, "That was a FUN, FUN, FUN, party!!!"  I asked her what her favorite part of the party was and she said, "The part where you were singing happy birthday to me and I was coughing and trying not to cry!"  Earlier she had confided in me that she kept coughing during the song to keep herself from crying.  I think it makes her nervous having everyone looking at her!


My baby girl is FOUR!  What a happy, intense, and laughter filled four years you have given us, Caiden...  You make our family kind of magical and fill our home with glitter and joy.  Happy Birthday, Caiden Keats!

No comments: