Thursday, October 13, 2011

5 Minute Pillows

In one of my feeble attempts at decorating a few years back, I bought three couch cushions; two of them didn't have covers.  I always meant to find some covers or make some covers, but I suffer from a few diseases that prevented me from doing that.  I have indecisiveness disease, fear of picking design elements disease, fear of the unknown process disease, procrastination disease, and lastly, inability to act unless certain of procedure disease.  All of these things prevented me from using my pillows, so there they sat, stored, for a few years until last night.  I happened upon this 5 Minute Simple Pillow Tutorial that suddenly pushed me over the hump (many humps) and into the sewing room (dining room table).  I think you find the tutorial great for people suffering from the "inability to act unless certain of procedure" disease (ITAUCOPD).  Kinda gives you that little "umph" to try it, huh?


I used a (vintage?) table cloth for the rectangular pillow and an old sham fabric plus miscellaneous scraps for the two square pillows.  This was a fun project and additionally, allows me to report to my friend, Toni, that I have indeed done some sewing lately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! They turned out pretty. I suffer from the opposite. I cut up fabric and then I'm like, uh oh... What was I planning to do exactly? It's good to have a plan ;)

The Montgomerys said...

These are amazing!!! So beautiful! Your new place look so lovely! I am inspired ;) My most favorite one is the last one, I just love it so very much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Really cute!

Candace Kai said...

Love them! I am going to check out the tutorial.