Saturday, October 30, 2010

Miss Sis

Speaking of Swiss Miss, I miss my sis!  I really do. 



Isn't she a beaut? She's younger than me and I've always had this theory that although all of my parents 6 children have good looks, the beauty increases with each younger sibling.  Heather outshines me in beauty, personality, and spirit and I love her for it. (Although, I know she probably feels the opposite.) This little sister of mine has always fueled me.  Always spirited and exciting, she lured me out hum-drumness (new word!) and taught me to be silly.  Always a pal, she camouflaged my insecurities and enabled me to meet people (like my husband!).  An encourager, she always helped me carry on when I felt too weak or insecure to do so.  Confident, she has helped me to be too and has given me courage to do things I wouldn't have (like acting and singing). Selfless, she has always, always given to me, putting my interests ahead of her own. Protective, she's slept on the floor outside my bedroom door to make sure I was okay during the worst of my sickness in high school.  A fighter, she'd fight for me always.  A friend, the best kind.

Its so... very, very special to have a sister.  And I am blessed with 5 (2 from parents, 3 by marriage)! I love my Heather...

P.S. She's not gone, she just lives a 10 hour drive away.  But sometimes it feels like a lifetime.  Youth is a fleeting, isn't it?  Enjoy the season you are in.  It doesn't last forever.  <3

3 comments:

allisonescalante said...

currently not enjoying the season i am in but i do love me some heath

Jamie Marie said...

Heather is pretty awesome...and I'm sure even more awesome than the last time I saw her so many years ago.

Anonymous said...

I think Heather needs to come to Fountain Valley for the annual walk on Christmas lane. Good times last year. Maybe some other really COOL people from Santa Rosa could come as well. Dar