Friday, October 29, 2010

Musings on Inequalities

The small things in life really take the cake, don't they?  Like a hot beverage on a cold, rainy day.  Cuddling up with a warm blanket and a book or the one you love as long as the lights have a warm glow and the house is still.

A new resurgent pleasure for me has been hot chocolate.  I have spurned hot chocolate for many, many years and I think I have finally discovered what has put me off from it.  It is simple.  *Not all hot chocolate is created equal.*  This is a very important fact to understand.  Then, and only then, can healing happen between you and a lackadaisical feeling toward the drink.  Turns out, that I very much enjoy a small mug of Swiss Miss hot chocolate every now and again.  Why?  Because it is rich and creamy and full--Not watery and chalky chocolatey. My friend, Britton, told me Swiss Miss has milk already in it to make it more rich. Unlike a random brand I bought for the kids a while back.  Just because its organic, doesn't mean they know how to make hot chocolate delicious...right?

Anyway, I thought it important to encourage any childhood hot chocolate fans who have been disillusioned to join back in the game this rainy season. Maybe you only think you don't like hot chocolate when really you have just been jaded by a cheap version of the good stuff.  Try something new... The water is grand!

<3 XOXOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Corynne this is adorable and so true.Made me smile :)

Anonymous said...

I will try it. I am also thinking about trying Starbucks "Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate". I haven't tried it yet but it seems like it would be delicious. I heard you can add a shop of espresso. It reminds me of a new candy I get in Carpinteria- a piece of caramel covered with dark chocolate and sea salt sprinkled on top-Magical! G-ma