Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summer Hit List


Summer has been good to us so far.  I took some advice from a friend who told me "The best remedy [for not letting summer slip by] is to try to enjoy each moment you are in..." or something like that.  And that is what I have been trying to do instead of stressing out about how fast it is going by or wondering whether I am really enjoying it or squeezing enough out of it.





So far, we've made our own Yogurt Berry popsicles (pro-tip: if you don't have popsicle molds, you can use paper cups and popsicle/craft sticks instead), bought a basketball to use at the park, got new sneakers, had a campout slumber party, went fishing with some really special friends, signed up for the library reading program (and earned a free ice-cream), rearranged the kids room, made a purse out of old jeans, and started playing ukeleles.









Of course, I couldn't help jotting down a quick "Summer Plans" list with the kids before time really got away from us... You know how much I love lists!  We're doing pretty good, so far, I think!


No comments: