Thursday, May 19, 2011

Los Favoritos



First up, these delicious, delectable, and delightful cookies. (I'm on an alliteration kick, lately) Please make these chocolate espresso shortbread cookies!  You won't be sorry... I take that back, your hips might be sorry. Anyhow, you can find the recipe here.  Easy to make and oh, so delicious.  (These were a find from a previous pregnancy.  My pregnant friend, E., reminded me of them.  We were pregnant together last time, but she's on her own with this one.  No babies for me! I'm not totally cold-hearted, though--I saved her a few cookies...)



Up next in this week's favorites is the clouds.  The clouds this week were incredible.  They were giant and white and fluffy.  Did I say huge?  They were huge!  I love those kinds of clouds.  Cumulus?



Then, Elliott: Elliott was a favorite this week with his "Newsies" costume and his maturity.  Hanging out with the big boys at our coffee spot, Elliott was discussing the finer points of App organization with Todd and was grilling him on his methods.  He was so delighted to have the same model as Todd.  [Elliott uses an old, crippled iPhone as an iPod touch (Todd's, however, is not crippled; his works fine.)]



And Caiden: beautiful Caiden is on my list, too.  I love the little details the last photograph captures of her lovely, long lashes (alliteration!) and her precious little fingers.  I noticed this week that her face is changing.  She is maturing and growing up.  This makes my heart skip a few beats.  It is exciting, but also kind of sad, too.  Caiden made us laugh a whole bunch this week, though, so it more than makes up for it!

Another favorite this week, for me, was the book 2 Corinthians.  It pretty much knocked me flat these last few days.  I felt like a thirsty tree, soaking it up!  I'm still processing it.  God is so good, speaking to me like He does.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies."
2 Cor. 4:7-11

"He who has prepared us for this very thing, is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.  So we are always of good courage.  We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.:
2 Cor. 5:5,6

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich."
2 Cor. 8:9

"The point is this; whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully, will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  And God is able to  make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written, "He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."  He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food wil supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God."
2 Cor. 9:6-11

"Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!"
2 Cor. 9:15

Any favorites for you this week?


1 comment:

Britta said...

those cookies look delicious :)