Saturday, February 28, 2009

Gettin' Crafty!

Today, I practiced the age old art of trickery...

My cousin, Grace, is here for a long visit, and boy is she a plethora of inspiration!  I've been dying to put my sparkling new label maker to use ever since I got it on my birthday a few weeks ago. 

"Why not play a little practical joke on Dave and re-label his toiletries?"  Grace suggested.

The more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea.  And last night, while the kids were splashing around in the bath, I set my brain to thinking about clever little names for all of David's bathroom products.

This morning everybody adult-like was sleeping (either from staying up late or fevers) so I set about to take my little prank one step further and completely recover all of the little bottles before re-labeling.  I think it turned out pretty well.  But don't take my word for it--take a look at the pictures below and make up your own mind.  I'm pretty sure you'll come around to the same conclusion I have:  that's its the best, most awesome, and funny idea you've ever seen!

(Now taking orders and setting up free consultations on having your own bathroom products reupholstered and personalized)


My new P-Touch label maker (see brother.com for stores) (that I had been coveting ever since I read about it in February's issue of Domino Magazine) and some of my labels awaiting placement.


Some of David's products before their make-over.


Cutting up paper lunch bags and affixing them to the canisters and bottles.




The finished product!


We put our little gift basket back into place and waited...

I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to Grace, for taking the photos for me and giving me this wonderful idea, and also to David, whose reaction was worth every minute spent working on this little project, and last but not least, God, who has gifted me with these amazing talents to be able to accomplish something of this magnitude and importance.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BAAHAHHAHAHHA

The Montgomerys said...

I love label makers, I always have. I want one now :)

jess said...

This is an OCD Girl's DREAM!!!

Awwwwww yeah :)

allisonescalante said...

OH BROTHER!!! you have way too much time on your hands. hahaha. pit juice. ahaha. for some reason that didnt faze me as much but i thought- its just 'cause my mom and dad call deodorant- B.O Juice... which is kinda the same thing and really gross.

Nina49a said...

LOL!!! This is glorious fun!
I love your creative names...they are genius. I'm glad you have some company, things like this are not nearly as fun alone.(Allison- ripping hair out of people's pits is gross)