Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hello, Friends...

Hi everybody...  So, it turns out, I'm not much of a blogger these days...there hasn't really been much I want to talk to about.  But this evening, I took a break from motherhood (for a precious hour at my neighborhood Starbucks), seeking the counsel of the Lord, and this is what He said to me...

"My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.  He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved.  In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.  Trust in him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us."  Psalm 62:5-8

This, I think, is something I feel like talking about.  God is so good!  God is so great!  Everytime I read the Psalms I feel like singing...  

Wait, for God ALONE...the rock of my strength, my refuge...Trust in Him at all times.  Okay, I can do that.  All times...not just those times when I have been good and reliable, but things aren't working out right.  Even in times when it is my fault that I'm in need of His help.  Face it, we never deserve it, even when we are "good."  So don't be prideful--"Trust in Him at all times; Pour out your heart before Him;" and watch what He can do!

Really, you should just go and take 2 minutes to read the whole chapter.  There are a lot of good things in there.  

No comments: