Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Recap



I debated posting about our Christmas, because after all, you all had your own Christmas' celebrations to enjoy and I don't want to bore you.  But then I noticed these "Polaroids" and thought that they warranted viewing with a little narration on the side.  Indulge me?

For starters, Dave gifted me with the Fujifilm Instax mini camera for Christmas--which by the way, came in the mail a few days before Christmas with the exact labeling of what it was all over the outside of the box, so I inadvertently discovered my gift prior to the official reveal--so these are the photos take from Christmas and the week after.

Starting at the top left and working our way across each row as you would reading English, we have:

Elliott in his sweet new Batman pajamas (with detachable cape) which he has since worn constantly either alone or underneath his regular clothes; my Dad and Step-Mom who came all the way out from Connecticut to spend Christmas with us!; me and Dave using the Instax for the first time; me and the kids FaceTiming (video-chatting) on the iPhone with their other grandma and grandpa from Orange County (missed being with them this year); my little sis, Heather, who endured a 10 hour drive up to my house from where she lives in San Diego so she could be with us for Christmas, it was awesome to be with her; Elliott and Caiden snuggling; me and my friend, Christina, who invited a jillion of us ladies and children to her tiny home for a coffee afternoon; (above middle picture) Elliott and his buddy, Savi (Christina's son) in their rainboots; me and my kids with Ingrid and her kids who came all the way from Washington for Christmas; Caiden with her new headphones.

Caiden got everything on her wishlist this year which was as follows: cell phone, laptop, headphones, and a ring.  I think we're in for some trouble in coming years.

Elliott was overwhelmed with all the love and generosity he received from so many people on Christmas, as were Dave and I for everyone giving our kids tons of blessings and toys that we would never have been able to give them.

We got to spend our holiday celebrating the birth of the Savior of the world by fellowship and enjoyment of our family and lots of friends. It was rad.  I hope yours was, too!

No comments: