Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cryn Tips : How to Coerce your Child into Drinking Milk




I tried all sorts of trickery to try to get my one year old daughter to drink milk and she wasn't having any of it.  She would take a sip and then let it sort of trickle out of her mouth.  Being breastfed until she turned one, Caiden never had a bottle, so we never switched to bottled milk.  She just really didn't like the taste of it, apparently.  I tried strawberry milk, even chocolate milk (as the doctors suggested), milk with fruit blended in... Nothing.

But then I did as my ingenious friend, Nina, suggesed and filled Caiden's cup about a quarter full of yogurt (I used Wallaby Vanilla Australian- style yogurt) and then the rest milk.  The result was like magic.  After that, Caiden wanted that cup all day long.  And I have been slowly reducing the amount of yogurt in it each time.  Genius!  Not to mention a great relief...



8 comments:

Rachel was like.... said...

aww. the yogurt milk seems to be working! shes getting so big! her cheeks are filling out too! :)

90029mommy said...

these are the cutest photos! caiden is getting so big and cute! (even tho i've never seen her in person :)

The Montgomerys said...

Cryn, she is sooo sooo soooo beautiful..I'm not just saying that because she is our neice. She reminds me of you, really, especially in those old pics you sent for Christmas. Congrats on the sweet success. I am having trouble weening Jade, it's really bad..she just crawls up to me and screams untill I nurse her...pray for me!!!!!(Great pics)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!

MON

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! Great tip too, my sister is having the same problem with my nephew :) I'll try this one out with him :)

Nina49a said...

Yay! I'm so glad this is working! Watch out for those fruit chunks though, they clog the straw:) These pics of Caiden are amazing...she is so beautiful.
Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Corynne, I've been reading your blog for a while. Thought I would stop by and say hello!! Your kids are so adorable! Have a great weekend :)

elisabeth said...

wow. those pictures are so cute.

Corynne Escalante said...

wow, thank you all for all of these sweet comments... that makes my day. i'm glad everyone enjoyed these pictures of caiden--i love them!

hi michelle! thanks for saying hello... and reading my blog!